Monday, July 22, 2013

Is there a need to lose weight?

    Well, like Allison, I am also rather on the big side. Almost everyone in our family is, but lets not check that one to genetics because its more than likely not. I am 6 foot 5 inches, or 167.64 cm tall, and weight 205 pounds or about 93 kilograms. Now to look at these numbers their doesn't appear to be any problem, in fact my doctor and personal trainer told me that my weight was the perfect amount for someone my age and my height. However; my BMI (Body Mass Index) clearly shows that I have for fat weight than muscle weight.
    So is there a need to lose weight? My answer is also no, but mine is because I need to change fat weight into muscle weight, and since muscle weights more than fat, I am going to gain wait more than likely. Either way there is a difference between being heavy and being obese. There are a ton of factors that go in to this, to be truly healthy being obese is not the way to go. What you see on the outside isn't what you need to worry about its all of the stuff on the inside. Glucose, Triglycerides, Fatty Acids, these are all things that are effected by being heavier than your body structure can handle. Also if fatty acids build up around your heart you will more than likely have a blood clot.
    I am not saying that it is bad to be obese, I have been big almost my entire life, but it isn't good for your physical health as well as your mental health. Being made fun of as a kid I know what it is like to be called a name because of your weight. After years of self esteem issues I learned a few things. One thing I learned was that if you didn't fit to the perfect little mold, then it didn't matter what you would look like, you would be made fun of. And I also learned that while words do hurt, they are just words, and you should not let those words get to you. You are you for a reason. JUST BE YOU!

Have a Great week! If you have any questions or comments tweet me @TheOfficialJCC on twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment